We are looking for a Purchasing agent to join our team.
- Collaborates in sourcing initiatives end-to-end.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies
- Negotiate with suppliers and contract agreements.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance with terms of contracts
- Analyze and resolve purchasing issues/discrepancies
- Review supplies to ensure quality
- Monitor stock levels
- Prepare and submit detailed reports (revenues, buying expenditures etc.)
- Keep updated records
- Participate in cost reduction activities, observe and report price increases
- Research a variety of sources, documents, etc. to ensure the adequacy of specification in terms of clarity, precision, and related criteria
- Build and develop long-term relationships with local suppliers
- Manage multiple programs/projects simultaneously
- Provide input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Provides market assessment to identify preferred suppliers.
- Perform Initial Supplier Risk Assessment
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Proficient in creating purchase contracts, sourcing and Knowledgeable with fundamental purchasing principals.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience in working in the Manufacturing industry
- Highly Organized, and able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to Multitask
- Detailed Oriented, and have incredible accuracy
- Proficient in all areas of Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar role with purchasing and inventory control
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must have strong time management skills with an emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- You will work in an office setting, during regular business hours.
Send in your resume to email@example.com with the subject line – Purchasing Agent